- Posted by admin@daemon
- On 24th March 2020
Tuesday 24th March 2020
COVID19 – Rev1
The UK Government provided guidance at 20.30 on the 23rd of March 2020.
Specific instructions are issued to everybody in the announcement by Boris Johnson.
Leave home only for:
- Shopping for basic necessities.
- One form of exercise a day.
- Any medical need/care for a vulnerable person.
- Travelling to and from work, only if absolutely necessary.
Daemon are taking action towards the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. The effect of this global crisis is considerable, and we are enforcing measures to mitigate the impact.
The health, safety and wellbeing of everybody is a priority for us.
The FIA (Fire Industry Association) has provided an update that ensures that life safety system works are an essential service.
“James Brokenshire (Minister of State for Security at the Home Office) has extended the Key Worker status to all fire safety personnel actively working to improve public fire safety.”
We are continually receiving updates for further clarity and continue services to our customers.
Our current control measures are:
- Provision of sanitising products and PPE to employees, while stocks last.
- Practical guidance and support for all staff.
- Working from home is enforced on all that can.
- Our office is manned and open for deliveries. All deliveries are directed for the driver to leave parcels outside for us to collect once the driver has left. Our CCTV system will monitor left parcels. Not all couriers are able to do this which may affect expected deliveries.
- We have stopped all visitors to our premises.
- Meetings are being held via video/audio conference facility.
- All building and maintenance works are suspended.
- Field-based staff are working remotely and not visiting sites unless critical to the operation of a life safety system.
- Our Customer Service and Finance teams are fully equipped and are operating from home.
- Managers and senior staff are working from home.
Most engineering staff are unable to work from home, the Government has made it clear that travel to work is accepted in this situation. In this case, we are ensuring that we take extra measures to protect our engineering staff and our customers. We are continually sourcing PPE for our staff in the form of face masks, gloves and sanitising products. Our service is reliant on these products being available to us. We may request that you provide these items if we are unable to.
Our engineers and staff may ask a series of questions relating to the environment of your premises to be able to assess risk.
The systems we deliver are complex, our team of engineers are extremely skilled. We are confident that we can support you throughout this time, however, this service is provided on a “best-effort” basis.
We reserve the right in all cases to refuse service provision if we deem the risk to be too high.
Out of normal working hours
Engineering staff operate a ROTA based service, all requests for service during these times will be risk-assessed by the on-call engineer in consultation with you.
The management team is available at all times to support the decisions being made across the business. If for any reason you believe we haven’t offered or provided services at an acceptable level, please ask for your concerns to be escalated.
We will continuously monitor the situation for the wellness of our staff to perform their duties.
We will provide updates to this communication from time to time.
If the UK Government issues further guidance, we will respond accordingly. Meanwhile, we assure all our customers that the company is monitoring the situation closely and will take responsible action as and when needed.