- Posted by admin@daemon
- On 19th March 2020
Wednesday 18th March 2020
COVID19 – Rev0
In line with the UK Government guidance, Daemon are taking a responsible and proactive attitude towards the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. The effect of this global crisis is considerable, and we are taking measures to mitigate the impact. The health, safety and wellbeing of our Customers, Suppliers and Staff is a priority for us.
While we are not able to control the situation on a wider scale or predict the future, there are a number of measures which we are taking. We are closely monitoring the current situation and maintaining awareness of up to date guidance from the UK Government and public health organisations.
The company has carried out a thorough Risk Assessment and Management Plan which will determine our action and response as the situation develops. Current measures adopted include:
- Enhanced cleaning schedules in offices, washrooms and visitor areas, including special attention to all touchpoints.
- Provision of sanitising gels in washrooms and at entrance points to our buildings.
- Practical guidance and support for all staff.
- The opportunity for working from home is available, particularly to staff who have pre-existing medical conditions or other special needs.
- We are actively reducing the need for visitors and delivery drivers to visit our premises, unless for urgent and essential purposes, with strict safety controls in place.
- Wherever possible, meetings are to be held via video or audio conference facility.
- Non-essential building or maintenance work to be suspended.
- Field-based staff will work remotely where possible.
- Our Customer Service and Finance teams are equipped to operate from home.
- Managers and senior staff are prepared and ready to work from home.
- Plans are established for handling staff shortages and delivery service support.
Specific instructions are issued to staff in line with current guidance from the UK Government and Public Health sources. These include:
- Any employee who has returned from countries outside the UK will be required to self-isolate for a minimum of 7 days.
- Any employee with a fever or persistent cough should stay at home for 7 days if they live alone or 14 days if they live with others. Any employee who lives with someone displaying Coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms should also stay at home for 14 days. People who have to isolate themselves should ask others for help.
- Every employee should stop non-essential contact with others. This is particularly important for people over 70, those with underlying health conditions and pregnant women.
- Employees should work from home where this is possible.
- Employees are instructed to avoid places like pubs, clubs and theatres.
- Employees should stop all unnecessary travel immediately.
- Daemon will continue to support our customers for all planned and reactive site works.
- We will continuously monitor the situation of the wellness of our staff to perform their duties.
- Daemon works closely with partner companies to deliver key services; this will continue where possible throughout the pandemic.
- We will provide updates to this communication from time to time.
If the situation in the UK worsens and specific instructions or guidance is issued by the Government, we will respond accordingly. Meanwhile, we assure all our customers and stakeholders that the company is monitoring the situation closely and will take responsible action as and when needed.
Meanwhile, we thank our customers, suppliers and our staff in helping us to continue to provide our customers with the best service and attention.